Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

coqui00623
New User

Reged: 01/31/13
Re: Question about Atripla...
      01/31/13 04:09 PM

As usual, a few items of concern popped into my mind not covered by others responding to your post. (1) Atripla is a speciality drug and is EXPENSIVE. Check with your health care provider to see if they have a MAIL PRESCRIPTION PROGRAM. If so, it would be to your advantage to utilize it. It would be most cost effective and you should only pay a minimal co--pay for a 90 supply. Talk to your primary care doctor about writing prescriptions for 90 day supplies with multiple refills enough to last the year. This beats running to your pharnacy or clinic every month. If not come November when OPEN SEASON is in session shop around for a health plan provider that does this. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield. (2) Atripla is a LARGE PILL and you may find it difficult to swallow easily. Here is what I did to overcome this obstacle, (a) using water first swallow a few sips to wet your esophagus (b) be sure you are in a sitting and/or standing position. (c) after making sure your esophagus is moist LAY/POSITION THE PILL IN A VERTICAL POSITION ON YOUR TONGUE remembering that your esophagus is tubular in shape and you wish the pill to fall in the tube (d) fill your mouth with water and swallow. Simultaneously tilting your head upwards may help open your esophagus further. IF THE PILL FALLS SIDEWAYS DO NOT PANIC. Choking on a pill is never pleasant but using your breaths you can spit it back up and remember to CATCH THE PILL IN YOUR HAND not allowing it to fall to the ground or down a drain .... they do not come cheap. Practice makes perfect it took me many months to develop this method. Over the course of time your esophagus WILL WIDEN to facilitate this process and the choking episodes will diminish. Remember that taking your pill failthfully everyday is of paramount importance. I was diagnosed in 2004 and waited until 2006 before I started taking MEDS. It is now 2013 and I am doing just fine AND SO WILL YOU.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Question about Atripla... OrkoSnarf74 01/23/13 04:56 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... oksikoko   02/28/13 12:36 AM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... oksikoko   02/28/13 12:17 AM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... southsam7   02/06/13 02:16 AM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... oksikoko   02/28/13 12:27 AM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... markvin   02/03/13 05:15 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... coqui00623   01/31/13 04:09 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... miamorphos   01/31/13 03:30 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... coqui00623   01/31/13 02:18 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... Noel54   01/31/13 02:06 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... Crickets12   01/31/13 01:31 PM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... krdillon   01/26/13 10:08 AM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... xas   01/24/13 06:00 AM
. * Re: Question about Atripla... riverprincessModerator   01/26/13 10:47 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8792

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3