Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Any suggestions
      06/29/11 02:09 PM

Ok, so let me begin by saying that I feel like a cry baby about this, but lack of sleep will do that.

I've been taking Atripila since Nov 2010. I take it religiously and within an hour or two of the same time every night. I eat between 6-7:30pm and take my pill around 4 to 5 hours after eating to ensure I have an empty stomach. I wait longer if I had something I consider fatty for dinner. I also take it with a large amount of water that is equal to about 16oz. (The glass I use is actually a 16oz cup full to the brim which is usually a inch below brim when I fill it.)

Ok two problems I have had since day one of taking it. First is I am usually more than ready for bed when I do take it, but after about a half hour I feel wide awake mentally. My mind starts racing with all sorts of ideas that are somewhat weird and extraordinary. I have trouble focusing it onto one set idea and the ideas/thoughts aren't bad just kinda like being awake and day dreaming. The second is that when I do finally get to sleep, the dreams are nightmarish and epic. I have actually resorted to sleeping with a night light on so I know when I am back in reality. I've tried sedatives and they help me fall asleep and the dreams don't start as fast, but they eventually do come. Plus I wake up feeling like crap and anxious. Sometimes depending on the dream I wake feeling a great deal of anger. (Mainly at the fact that I dreamed such a horrible thing.)

Anyone have any tricks they use to combat this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Any suggestions kicker 06/29/11 02:09 PM
. * Re: Any suggestions BrokenWingedBird   07/01/11 07:04 AM
. * Re: Any suggestions Starboy   06/30/11 09:36 PM
. * Re: Any suggestions iam1   06/30/11 04:01 PM
. * Re: Any suggestions ECT   06/30/11 03:06 PM
. * Re: Any suggestions kicker   06/30/11 02:25 PM
. * Re: Any suggestions DJones   06/30/11 12:43 PM
. * Re: Any suggestions Koop   06/30/11 12:14 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5518

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3