Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

trulife
Fanatic

Reged: 12/01/10
Loc: South
The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs
      03/28/11 10:46 AM

Good morning everyone. My second set of labs (fourth labs since diagnosis) are in since starting Atripla in December 2010. The results are fanflippintastic. My viral load is undetectable and my CD4 count went up another 100 points. I am so blessed, so happy and so grateful. I know it is not easy everyday living with this monster inside, but we all have to stay strong and believe that things will get better. Most of all, we all have to take care of ourselves, physically, mentally and spiritually. Just as a recap here is history so far:

Diagnosed Sept 2009 First labs were great, no meds.

2009-2010 stressful year personally, professionally, and romantically.

December 2010 second labs not so great. Viral load shot up over 100000 but CD4 stayed over 500. Decided to start Atripla. Minimal side effects but they subsided in first two weeks.

January 2011. Third labs showed the meds were working. Viral load dropped from over 100000 to 130 and CD4 went up about 50 points to 573. Felt great and no side effects.

March 2011. Fourth labs and things are great. Viral load undetectable and CD4 up to 674. All other lab work looks good too. Cholesterol down, Triglycerides down, organs all functioning normal. HAPPY DAY!!!!!

In some way, I feel that this has been a blessing in disguise, because I have never had such good lab work on regular stuff. HIV forced me to make changes for the better and for the first time in my life, I am in the best shape and health. I am not saying it has been easy....it has it's moments, but I stay stronger than the virus and I am one determined man. Trust me, I have already experienced the end of my relationship and the rejection because of my status, but I had my pity party and the party is over. Life is good and I am worth alot more so I am living TRUE and for me now. My eyes are wide open and it's a great feeling. I wish I could bottle it up and share it with everyone, but I can offer my friendship and support. Take care of yourselves and know that things do get better, but you have to take charge and make the necessary changes to make it happen. Peace and love everyone.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs trulife 03/28/11 10:46 AM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs Pos_in_Thailand   06/02/11 05:09 AM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs leahbeth   05/13/11 12:16 PM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs trulife   05/27/11 09:38 PM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs vbd1966   03/31/11 03:43 PM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs trulife   04/04/11 06:53 PM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs LostNconfused   03/28/11 09:01 PM
. * Re: The Journey Continues Part Two - Fourth Labs trulife   03/30/11 05:29 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2616

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3