The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Kill HIV with Photopheresis, Ultra-Violet Blood Irradiation (UBI) Therapies?
      04/13/10 06:56 PM

I looked over a bit of information I googled about it. I does seem to have a reasonable basis, but as you said, the therapy fell out of favor with the advent of pharacutecials. Perhaps that is because medication is more effective. I don't know.

I do think there is a big obstacle for it to be an effective therapy against HIV. It, like the medications only act against the virus that is actively in the blood and replicating. Neither has any effect over the virus that is in resting state within the gut and lymph nodes. Once therapy is stopped for any lenght of time the virus that is in a resting state will start to replicate.

It will be interesting to see what may come of it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Kill HIV with Photopheresis, Ultra-Violet Blood Irradiation (UBI) Therapies? Jon316 04/13/10 05:26 PM
. * Re: Kill HIV with Photopheresis, Ultra-Violet Blood Irradiation (UBI) Therapies? cybersecretary   07/24/13 12:26 AM
. * Re: Kill HIV with Photopheresis, Ultra-Violet Blood Irradiation (UBI) Therapies? Jackie__Blue   04/13/10 06:56 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24575

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3