Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

gotham

Reged: 06/23/08
Loc: NY, NY
I'm starting treatment
      06/28/08 11:48 AM

I was just diagnosed on June 12th. It's been a range of emotions for me. I'm still having a lot of trouble dealing with all of this.

On the day I found out, my doctor took another blood sample to determine my cd4, viral load, and resistance test. He told me to come back in 2 weeks for the results. Those 2 weeks were pure torture. I spent most of the first week scouring the internet for information. I found many claims about natural therapy.

I decided to try a few. I tried mixing apple cider vinegar with water 3 times a day and also taking a selenium tablet. I started taking these about 5 days leading up to my second appointment.

I went to my second appointment on June 26th. My doctor gave me the results of my blood test on June 12th. He said my cd4 was 63 and my viral load was 64,000. He said he didn't want to start treatment based on the results of one test. He took another blood sample on my second appt. He said treatment with Altripla would probably start next week unless the second blood test turned up something.

He called yesterday and said my cd4 count was 152. I'm still waiting on the viral load number. I asked him if that quick jump could be the result of anything I tried. He said fluctuations in the numbers are common and he doubted it was anything I tried. But I can't help but be curious.

I'm supposed to start on Altripla next week. I'm scared of the side effects. I have a skin rash now and I'm worried it might make it worse. Any advice?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I'm starting treatment gotham 06/28/08 11:48 AM
. * Re: I'm starting treatment Bear60   06/28/08 02:15 PM
. * Re: I'm starting treatment gotham   06/28/08 03:02 PM
. * Re: I'm starting treatment AugustusII   07/06/08 07:35 PM
. * Re: I'm starting treatment salma   09/09/08 01:52 PM
. * Re: I'm starting treatment alexiadxb   09/09/08 04:18 PM
. * Re: I'm starting treatment salma   09/09/08 06:22 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7209

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3