Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

thom26

Reged: 05/27/07
Questionaire on AIDS and Treatment For HS Biology
      05/27/07 02:50 PM

Hello,
My name is Thomas Nesbitt and I am doing an extensive research project for a senior biology class on HIV/AIDS. I am looking for people preferably with AIDS, but if you just have HIV currently, it is perfectly fine. Any response helps. Please copy and paste these questions and fill them out. You may post them in the message boards or send them to 117788@smail.ucdsb.on.ca

Thank you very much for your time,
Thomas

Questions
HIV/AIDS Interview Questions

1. When did you first suspect that you may have been HIV positive?

2. What made you decide to get tested for HIV and what method of testing was used? How long did you wait before you got tested? Did you have a window period?

3. Do you know how you contracted HIV and when (Ex: needle, sex)?

4. What thoughts/emotions came to your mind when the doctor told you that you were HIV positive?

5. How long after the results of the test did you begin to acquire symptoms of AIDS?

6. What symptoms surfaced first and how did you treat them?

7. Do you have the full symptoms at this point to classify as AIDS?

8. How far has your AIDS progressed? Is there any particular stage that you are in? What are your current symptoms?

9. Are you on any treatments for the disease (antiretroviral drugs, HAART, etc)? If so, please specify exact drugs and strength of drugs.

10. Are you on any pain medications or other drugs other than antiviral drugs? If so, please specify exact drugs and the strength of the drugs.

11. Do any of the drugs, especially antiviral drugs, cause extreme side effects? If so, state the effects or the drug in detail.

12. How often do you take your medications (please include all drug names and how often they are taken)?

13. Are the drugs helping you cope with the disease? Are the antiviral drugs working to suppress the symptoms of AIDS?

14. Describe your physical state on an average day (how you feel physically).

15. Describe your mental state on an average day.

16. Please state any operations or treatments you have undergone other than medications.

17. Is there anything you would like to add to this interview that was not covered?

Thank you for your time! It is greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Questionaire on AIDS and Treatment For HS Biology thom26 05/27/07 02:50 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3311

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3