Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

curi0us

Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: nc
Has KS been forgetten?
      01/09/07 01:39 PM

Hi all, first post here. I have been diagnosed positive for over 2 years my numbers were strong and my doctor saw no need to start therapy right away. Last september I contracted foliculitis/MRSA (probably from the gym) and was given bactrim to clear it up. I was highly allergic to the bactrim and was changed to Doxycyclin; the skin infection left some realy nasty spots across my back, legs, upper torso and I became suspicious of a spot in october that wouldn't go away. I was told that it probably was hyperpigmentation of one of the aforementioned lesions and that if it hadn't gone away we would have it looked at my next follow up visit. Long story short, I finally had a biopsy and it was KS and I was immediately put on Sustiva/Truvada and sent to an oncologist. I have no internal problems only the spots on the outside (fewer than 5) and all the spots have responded well to the HAART treatment. I have since seen another oncologist/hemotologist who has said that my lesions which are flat and pink in the middle are probably a best case scenario and that I should be thankfull. While I am thankful that the KS isn't spreading anymore and the existing lesions have shrunk I still feel scarred and ugly - from a vanity standpoint. Exhaustive searches on the internet have not yeilded any real new info since 03 or 04. I know that KS doesn't affect many people nowadays but has anyone out there had any experience in getting rid of or covering the lesions in any way. I really miss going to the gym and the beach.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Has KS been forgetten? curi0us 01/09/07 01:39 PM
. * Re: Has KS been forgetten? BillyC   01/18/07 09:32 AM
. * Re: Has KS been forgetten? Anonymous   01/09/07 02:03 PM
. * Re: Has KS been forgetten? Anonymous   01/19/07 01:45 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6218

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3