The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Holistic Medicine: From Alternative to Mainstr
      09/18/06 02:59 PM

This is my favorite argument from alties, "you are critical in your thinking and don't support my views you must be a schill for big pharma." Get a life, maybe the reason that sites which expose the schlock that is homeopathy for what it is, have advertisements on them is because they don't rake in money. Unlike homeopathy which makes millions of dollars selling sugar pills to folks like you.

NEWS FLASH- the alternative medicines sector is an 8 billion dollar unregulated market. We are not talking about some poor mom and pop stores that are under seige, this is big money big buisness.

And you can take whatever gimmicky medicine that you want no one is stopping you from spending your dollars on holy water and sugar pills.

Everything that deals with healthcare can be tested in clinical settings and the efficacy can be determined. Acupuncture's efficacy has been proven time and again(although it is not related to the meridian theory) why don't we argue about investigating those "alternative" therapies that do work so that we can scale them up and roll them out. I don't care what the label is all I care about is does it work and that is testable.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Holistic Medicine: From Alternative to Mainstream? pozzibly 08/26/06 02:59 AM
. * Re: Holistic Medicine: From Alternative to Mainstream? Bear60   08/26/06 09:14 AM
. * Re: Holistic Medicine: From Alternative to Mainstr Anonymous   09/05/06 09:01 PM
. * Re: Holistic Medicine: From Alternative to Mainstr Anonymous   09/18/06 02:59 PM
. * Re: Holistic Medicine: From Alternative to Mainstr Anonymous   10/03/06 07:58 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6908

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3