The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Sam
Unregistered

Should I go on meds?
      03/29/00 12:49 PM

HELP! I tested + Feb 98. My CD4 was 602 and VL was 10000. Was tested 3 months ago and CD4=586 and VL=500000+. (I had also taken the flu shot, which I read can increase the VL). Tested 1 month ago and CD4=583 and VL=219,000. Will be getting tested tomorrow and my doc wants me to go on D4T, 3TC, Nelfinavir and Saquinvir. I know the meds work for most people and there is a risk they won't work. But every other day I see different views on meds and new meds coming out. I feel that maybe I should stay off meds for as long as possible to hopefully get the best meds avail. I read that Ziagen works best if you haven't taken any other meds. I have been told you can wait until CD4=200 and VL=1 million. I have decided to wait until CD4=400 and VL=800,000. But I still have doubts if I'm doing the right thing.
I know it would be such a relief to go on them, but there are also many other factors to consider. My partner is negative and is not a U.S. citizen. I am. And since we live together in his country, the meds may be hard to get. I will be on his health plan, but we don't know how long they will cover me. Then I would have to go off the meds, which I read is the worst thing to do. It is a very long and confusing story so I'll end here. I hope I can get some feedback because I don't know what to do. I feel very healthy (will the side affects bring on more complications?). I do have thrush and I did have a parasite which is gone from medication. Please help. Anything will help at this point. I haven't slept in over 3 weeks. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Should I go on meds? Sam 03/29/00 12:49 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? Grant   03/29/00 01:01 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? Bill   03/29/00 12:53 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? Steve   03/29/00 01:00 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? Curt   03/29/00 12:53 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? George   03/29/00 12:51 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? Grant   03/29/00 12:52 PM
. * Re: Should I go on meds? Darin   03/29/00 12:50 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8409

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3