Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Anonymous
Unregistered

I Want To Tell
      10/05/04 02:08 PM

I just discovered that my brother is HIV+. He doesn't know that I know. He's doing the things he needs to take care of himself and has rededicated his life to the Lord.....this is the biggest POSITIVE that has come out of this whole ordeal. I want to tell my family, but I would betray a friend's trust....I just want my brother to know that I love him so much and that I want to help support him in this and if the family knew, they would feel the exact same. The three of my brothers never tell me anything because they know I'm the informationa operator in terms of getting new and updated issues to my mother, whom I'm sure in all of this it is my mother and another close family memeber they are trying to protect. I know I say, "they" when speaking of one HIV+ brother, however, another brother has knowledge of the test being + and is the only family support my + brother has. Together the two are carrying this burden.

The moral thing to do would to be not to tell....but my heart and mind is constantly pushing me to get it off my chest...I can't even talk to my mother now without feeling sorry that she doesn't know....as a mother , I would want to know. I just want our family to get past the fact that he is HIV+ and get back to creating a new life plus the HIV. I just want to support him ....I don't think my + brother is even aware of how much I've been educated regarding HIV/AIDS, and that I want to help him live a healthy normal life (I am aware that he's already made that choice to do so without the rest of the family or myself) and I want for him to trust our family in supporting him as well and no one else has to know if that's what he chooses.

I know that so far he chooses not to come out with the test results and that is his Right. I know I may sound selfish, but I love him sooooo much and no matter how much we say that at the end of phone conversations, I don't know that he could ever imagine the depth of my love for him and our families love for him.

All responses are welcomed.

Help me keep my nose out of it!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I Want To Tell Anonymous 10/05/04 02:08 PM
. * Re: I Want To Tell pocahontas   11/02/04 01:19 PM
. * Re: I Want To Tell Myhighergrounds   10/09/04 06:56 PM
. * Re: I Want To Tell radar   10/06/04 01:42 AM
. * Re: I Want To Tell Anonymous   10/16/04 06:34 PM
. * Re: I Want To Tell Anonymous   02/23/05 02:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5916

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3