Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Mark100

Reged: 02/23/13
Loc: Montreal, Canada
Question about HIV home test kits.
      11/13/13 11:21 AM

Hey Guys,
so I was diagnosed with HIV on Feb 20th of this year and have been on meds since March (Kivexa and Isentress). When I first realized I was infected I was in shock because I hadn't done anything risky (except for oral which is considered low risk). So shortly after I was diagnosed I ordered an HIV test kit just to test to prove to myself that it was real (I think everyone has these doubts at the beginning). Anyhoo, months go past and the tests never came in. I had contacted the company a few weeks after they didn't arrive because they guaranteed that it would arrive within 10 business days. Again, I heard nothing back. Anyway, just last week when I was away on vacation the HIV tests came in with an explanation that my order somehow got lost so they just sent it out now and included 2 extra tests for free. I was like, ok, a little late aren't we. Anyway I opened it up and there were 3 hiv tests. Anyway just for curiosity sake I decided to do them this morning just to see how they work. Anyway I did the first one according to the instructions which were very easy to follow and it actually came back negative. So I did the second one because I figured that I did something wrong and it came back positive. So I did the last one and it came back negative as well. So my question is, WHAT THE HELL?!?! Are you telling me someone who is positive can do these tests and 2 out of 3 times it will tell you that they're negative?!?! I checked the expiry dates on the packages and they all expire in 2015, so the tests are still good. And they are from the company Icare, and from reading about there tests they seem like a good company.

Anyway I don't doubt I have hiv, I'm assuming the ways they test for it with their high tech equipment is more accurate than an at home hiv test but does anyone have an explanation to what might be going on here?

Thanks guys,
Mark

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Question about HIV home test kits. Mark100 11/13/13 11:21 AM
. * Re: Question about HIV home test kits. Leapfrog   01/02/14 05:56 PM
. * Re: Question about HIV home test kits. iam1   12/29/13 10:16 PM
. * Re: Question about HIV home test kits. Angel_Ronnie   11/14/13 05:18 AM
. * Re: Question about HIV home test kits. Mark100   11/13/13 11:49 AM
. * Re: Question about HIV home test kits. anotherday   11/13/13 11:34 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1824

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3