Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
What's happening?
      11/09/13 01:57 PM

I am not too sure regarding this forum site anymore. After stumbling across it last May and finding it very helpful and meeting so many great people, both as moderators and just people sharing the same journey, suddenly the site has gone quiet, almost cold!

Our one moderator, kicker, seemed to just vanish one day, I pray he is okay and that something nasty hasn't come his way. Many people I have chatted with in the forum and via private message have just stopped, unfortunately we never shared personal email addresses and just relied on this site.

I know life can become busy with fall and the preparation for winter and now the festive holiday season getting well under way, people get busy. I have noticed though even in the "Who's Online" portion, before there was sometimes upto 30 Annonymous users and anywhere from 3 to 10 registered users on basically anytime I checked.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY????

If anyone knows of another site they may be frequenting, please share a post, it would be nice to have several sites we could all "talk" on, not to abandon this site. I am still a loyal fan of thebody.com, it has been a great place to share thoughts in the early days of my HIV journey.

There is no local support groups around here where I live in Canada, the only place is HIV Edmonton but it is more of a drop in assistance office for people "suffering" from HIV. I'm not "suffering" I just have HIV, and they hours of operation are only 8-5 and closed from 12-1 Monday to Friday, so our local support is really limited to ... well, anyone with no job and can go there weekdays only! That's why I found this site so helpful in chatting with others sharing the same experiences, since it is so hard to "find" others in this neck-of-the-woods!

If you are just zipping through this forum, if you have been a regular, please just post a "hello" just so we know your doing good, that your holiday season is getting underway nicely, you got a job promotion, a special event is happening in your world!

It gets boring to have to come here to only read the SAME concerns of the worried-well, it's like watching a fly bashing it's head against a window.

Let's all make a promise to each other that we will take a second from our hurried lives to just post a "Hi, I'm doing fine" thing, just to keep our forum alive!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* What's happening? anotherday 11/09/13 01:57 PM
. * Re: What's happening? Cristian   11/11/13 08:50 AM
. * Re: What's happening? lilfshrmn   11/10/13 06:02 PM
. * Re: What's happening? heart   11/10/13 02:18 PM
. * Re: What's happening? Angel_Ronnie   11/14/13 05:21 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1949

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3