Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Iamme

Reged: 09/10/13
Infected by ex-fiance......
      09/10/13 12:47 AM

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed a month ago by my ex-fiancé who told me he had been tested prior to us becoming intimate (which ended up being a lie) as I had tested and was negative. We were together 2 years and split up for 8 months and on a whim I decided to get retested and now here I sit....HIV positive. During that 8 month split I was dated someone and when I found out I was positive I called him and he went and tested and was negative thank god! My ex-fiancé and I have been thru a lot prior to finding out our status. So I still feel a strong connection to him and am trying to be there for him as he did not know he was infected so I am not angry at him but at the virus. I am sad because he lied from the jump about getting tested. Has anyone been thru something like this?

I am a single mom of two teenage girls and have support from my friends. However, I am still crying and my CD4 is 363 and my viral is 27,000. I started meds today but still feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. I am a super strong woman but I just need to know how to move out of this grieving stage. I feel horrible for him as his viral load is 850,000 and CD4 is 430.....he has no family and so I am there for him because I love him and he loves me. Has anyone been thru a similar situation? I am trying hard to start to live life to the fullest.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Infected by ex-fiance...... Iamme 09/10/13 12:47 AM
. * Re: Infected by ex-fiance...... anotherday   09/11/13 12:52 AM
. * Re: Infected by ex-fiance...... Iamme2   09/11/13 02:09 AM
. * Re: Infected by ex-fiance...... Val   01/28/14 12:29 PM
. * Re: Infected by ex-fiance...... riverprincessModerator   01/31/14 08:44 AM
. * Re: Infected by ex-fiance...... riverprincessModerator   09/10/13 05:46 PM
. * Re: Infected by ex-fiance...... kicker   09/10/13 02:30 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3900

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3