The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

rsmithson

Reged: 07/31/13
Ok I am going CRAZY!!!!
      08/01/13 12:29 AM

So I got bad news today and I am not sure how I feel about it and it is not that I am positive. I am a good guy, I did my homework was the section leader for 4 years in school. Then I came out. Oh the back lash at first... but 15 years later so much support. Now flash forward.... 6/22/2013 I started coughing and running a fever. I called out of work on a double.... Fever cough white film in mouth. I pushed through feeling like crap. I was coughing so hard I did not keep anything down. At work Friday 6/28 I threw up and was sent home. I slept ALL day and woke up with a 102.9 fever and immediately went to the doctor. She examined me and said with the thrush and pneumonia she wanted to do an HIV test. I was ok with that. The OraQuick test had a negative result. Cool! She was not satisfied and gave me the ELISA that tested reactive. She ordered the Western Blot. It came back, mind you I had to call and get the results they did not let me know if it was in, it was indeterminate. Come back in 3 months. I knew if I had waited I could have ended up like some of my friends either laying in a hospital bed or not caring. I went on 7/3 to our local organization. They do free testing and I had the results from all my tests. I showed it to them and they did OraSure test that tested negative. They sent me to the health department for the fourth generation. I took on Friday they did the results and ON 7/10 I WAS OFFICIALLY DIAGNOSED. It was originally so hard to accept. I set up all the appointments. I was ok until I did labs and had to get in front of needles. and all the blood. We set the appointment, I had just finished antibiotics and I have been feeling fantastic. Everyone agreed I was seroconverting. So I go and research thinking my CD4 level was going to be low because of those infections, I was guessing 350-500. 7/31 24 years on the anniversaryof my dad's death, I get my CD4 counts. My mom and stepdad are in the room and I am telling all the stuff that had been going on, She asks all the questions and said we need to get these numbers up. I was like yes we do, and then she dropped the ball.... My CD4 came back at 5. I freak and mom is breaking down and I am still not right. How can you go from life is great you are negative and a month and two days they tell me I am classified as AIDS. I am floored. I have read and this is rare, but I just got out of a 7 year relationship and was tested every 3 months the old way with blood. So this has gone on in the last year since we broke up.... There are 3 it could be.... One was positive, but I was the top but as we kissed we moved to quick and his tooth hit my gum causing me to bleed. Another is a married man and it was an online thing and he posted dates and his neg status.... then there is the third online and young and no status, but I always ask. Well he hesitated then yeah. So I am fighting and have not been diagnosed very long. I am on Anti Fungal and Bactrim. I go back Monday for more test and one day I wanna look back on this and realize how strong I am . I feel so weak right now. But my spirit is strong. I plan on being tobacco free in next week... but realistically I say a month. Please anyone that something similar has happened to Please tell me your story and give me strength that you did it and its possible. I should not have done so much research because I am so scared that I might not pull through. I am defenseless and I have a mom and sibling that needs me...

--------------------
7/31 CD4- 5 VL 410,000
8/19 started ART

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! rsmithson 08/01/13 12:29 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! kicker   09/06/13 02:13 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! notinterested   09/05/13 11:52 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! kicker   09/06/13 12:41 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! riverprincessModerator   09/06/13 10:09 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! notinterested   09/06/13 10:27 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! kicker   09/06/13 10:59 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! notinterested   09/06/13 11:24 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! kicker   09/06/13 11:34 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! new2this2010   09/05/13 02:33 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! rsmithson   05/26/14 09:15 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! bartlebyAdministrator   09/10/13 08:03 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! riverprincessModerator   09/08/13 09:09 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! anotherday   09/08/13 01:51 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! notinterested   09/05/13 11:36 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! riverprincessModerator   08/02/13 06:53 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! Ninjawife   08/01/13 10:59 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! lilfshrmn   08/01/13 07:44 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! riverprincessModerator   08/01/13 07:26 PM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! rsmithson   08/02/13 02:39 AM
. * Re: Ok I am going CRAZY!!!! riverprincessModerator   08/02/13 06:50 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8339

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3