The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!!
      07/09/13 12:28 PM

Goodday kc, I am just a little lost with your comments. You had a relationship in the works with someone who cared for you and loved you, then you "broke up" ... okay, so the relationship might have had to end but what about the friendship. You have someone there who loved you unconditionally (HIV or not), isn't there something there that can continue as friends. Just because a couple can't make it as a relationship, does not mean they have to not make it as friends either. Tell him how you feel, if those old emotions stir up each time you see him then there's something there on your part, and vice versa, does not mean having to "sleep with him" but can be the foundation of a massive friendship.
You were moving to be with him in a new city, consider him your first contact in a new life. He knows the city, circles of people ... why sit and mope, this is a great opportunity facing you!

Stop being alone, you came on here, huge first step ... plus there are HIV dating sites, local support groups, and of course you can date as many people as you like without saying your positive, just know when the relationship turns to serious (including intimacy) then you have to have "the talk" ... but until then, meet people, who knows you could come across someone in the same situation, since most guys don't swing open the cover of their biographies on one date, they always like to give a couple pages at a time ... be one of them!

If your family and friends are with you, and understand you and of course know your positive ... talk to them, let them understand how you feel. Teach them about HIV, sometimes the best conversation about your situation is to teach others. Your family and friends might be a bit uncomfortable talking to you about your feelings, especially HIV ... make them comfortable! Talk to them about your Mother, and your feelings for her, her memories you have ... favourite cookies she made (make them a batch), favourite shows she watched (get the dvd's out) ... just celebrate her memory with your friends, yes they will get the "oh God, not this again" look on their face, but if they love you, then they will know it's important!

Finally stop looking at HIV as a "oh woe is me" kinda thing, you are still the same person you were before HIV, just be that person now with HIV. Live your life, don't let HIV live it for you! Take the reins of your life and ride that horse like the wind, you have alot of living ahead of you, some fantastic memories to carry along and give you strength ... and you have all of us on here for the occassional chat. As anyone on here will tell you also, if you need to chat one on one ... I am here, private me anytime, lets chat!!!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! kcguy0815 07/08/13 07:37 PM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! hellfire   07/20/13 12:11 AM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! jojos   07/16/13 03:06 AM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! riverprincessModerator   07/16/13 10:31 AM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! Fyodor   07/12/13 10:29 AM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! anotherday   07/09/13 12:28 PM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! heart   07/09/13 11:59 AM
. * Re: Tested Positive a month ago... Feeling really alone. help!!! riverprincessModerator   07/08/13 08:30 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5688

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3