Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: Labs Update
      06/24/13 03:43 PM

You didn't say if you're on meds. Being that your numbers are this good I wouldn't think so, yet.

You've noticed your viral load going down. This is an excellant thing! You want to have a viral load as low as possible. A high viral load can lead to other health issues.

People today live in a world of "Star Trek". They think everything should happen instantaneously. Even when you take meds it takes time for your viral load to go down.

You'll also notice that your CD4 number is constantly changing. This is something I try to stress to the community where I'm involved. EVERYTHING can and will affect that count. What time you get up in the morning. If you drink coffee. If you watch cartoons vs the news. Stress is a major factor in your life that you need to keep under control. How many steps you take walking to the door. Your CD4 count changes constantly. Usually by very small amounts on an hour-to-hour scale. But, by bigger numbers over the months between blood tests.

DON'T PANIC!

When you have a cold and have to get blood work done your numbers will vary. When you get an innoculation your numbers will vary. When you start excercising your numbers will vary.

Over time (many years for some of us) the blood tests form a pattern. That's what the doctors will be looking for. They'll notice the little blips of a viral load or a CD4 count going suddenly up or down. But, because this is a long term disease and not one that's going to strike you down the day after you become infected the doctors will look at several blood tests to see how you're doing.

I hope you're not afraid of needles. These three labs are just the beginning. I figure over the years since I started having blood work done they've taken a couple gallons. Usually through the butterfly in the back of the hand. (My choice, and no, it doesn't hurt me.)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Labs Update helpmeunderstand 06/18/13 06:59 PM
. * Re: Labs Update iam1   06/24/13 03:43 PM
. * Re: Labs Update helpmeunderstand   06/28/13 05:21 PM
. * Re: Labs Update iam1   07/24/13 04:08 PM
. * Re: Labs Update anotherday   07/25/13 04:08 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1831

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3