Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial
      06/16/13 09:45 AM

It's not the end all if your positive and two tests could be a solid indicator, but I always like the doctor/clinic blood taken and tested method for anything whether it be HIV or diabetes or anything really ... the blood is the tell tale of everything going on in the body, so they tell me!
It is good though that you are attending support groups and getting some focus, keep that up until your tests are 100%, and then of course after you get your results. Keep in mind HIV is not an "end of the world" thing, it just changes your life plan slightly (usually just a few doctors appts., meds, and disclosure in intimate situations) other than that, it's really not that bad!
Denial is understandable, it happens to the best of us ... the "it could never happen to me" thing, well for me that's left to a major lottery win now ... everything else has kinda happened to me already! Not that HIV was one of those never happen to me things, there's always a slight risk, nothing is 100% anymore in the world (except again for me winning a lottery).
This I guess is where I would say Good luck, so yeah, Good Luck positive or negative ... your life will go on, you'll still be the same Kirk you were yesterday, if you have HIV, still the same, just with a slight addition ... life is what we make of it and once you have weaved HIV into yours, it still continues on! I know sounds cliche, heard that time and time again ... but occassionally, especially with HIV (or probably those with cancer or diabetes or whatever), sometimes those old cliches carry alot of meaning, and we all go "damn, now I get it!"

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial Kirkhaven1 06/15/13 10:09 PM
. * Re: Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial benme   06/24/13 10:15 AM
. * Re: Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial DaveSF   06/19/13 05:16 PM
. * Re: Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial iam1   06/19/13 05:10 PM
. * Re: Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial anotherday   06/16/13 09:45 AM
. * Re: Chances of False Positives? Maybe Im In Denial notinterested   06/16/13 12:59 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4718

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3