Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Fyodor

Reged: 06/03/13
Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner
      06/05/13 04:32 AM

Well, riverprincess...it is not all pink and gold. One of the things being diagnosed brought up on me full force was-(is)-an almost brute, primal, raw force to go against everyting and anything I was told were my only options, starting with ripping out in a full rage the disability papers that came automatically from the social worker I was assigned to during my hospital days. Do you remember that famous sequence of Scarlet O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind" declaring she would do WHATEVER it took not to be hungry again after eating raw roots from the soil..? Well...that was just how my primary, almost animal instincts came to play. From then on I went full speeding, but in the process I sort of buried deep down all sense of helplessness and grieving that I might be developing. And yes, just as you can tell from that other post of mine, vulnerability and doubt, even if not truly visible, were growing and taking place too. So there is a double take, and they both co exist. As per my job place, I decided not to disclose my status. Just as you stated, we all need to follow Universal precautions. Hugs.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner lostnstl314 04/24/13 04:03 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner educateme   09/18/13 08:06 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner kicker   09/18/13 08:20 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner Surgeon   04/27/13 09:24 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner kicker   04/24/13 04:38 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner lostnstl314   04/25/13 11:19 AM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner DaveSF   05/06/13 10:18 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner Fyodor   06/03/13 07:51 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner riverprincessModerator   06/04/13 09:08 AM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner Fyodor   06/05/13 04:32 AM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner thebird1959   06/05/13 10:43 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner anotherday   06/04/13 11:23 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner notinterested   04/26/13 01:47 AM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner jeannie10   05/30/13 04:36 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner kicker   04/25/13 12:17 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner lostnstl314   09/14/13 12:16 PM
. * Re: Just tested Postive and less than 9 months left on school to become Nurse Practioner Fyodor   09/22/13 02:46 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7439

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3