The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Surgeon

Reged: 03/23/13
Re: Just Found out I'm Positive
      05/31/13 08:21 PM

Hi, hope this finds everyone well. Just wanted to give a little update to where I'm at. It's now been a few months since I was diagnosed, and I can't express the gratitude I have to all of you who have been such a source of encouragement. I did follow your advice and kept up with my plans. I am now in Florida and in the process of buying a home here in St Pete. Plans are to close next Friday. I am probably more relaxed and calm than I have been in the past 20 yrs. Life has slowed down and I am taking more time to appreciate all the blessings and positive's in life than dwelling on the negative. Life is good at the moment. A few month's ago it was a totally different story. All I can say for anyone who reads this and is struggling with this diagnosis, hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and you will get thru this.

Just to give an update on my health. My doctor looked at me and just smiled. She said I have some really good news for you. My CD4 count was 861 and I had no viral load, undetectable. She said that this was rare in her practice with someone newly diagnosed. She said that my body was handling the virus well and that I might be what they refer to as an elite controller, but couldn't confirm that until a few more tests at 3 month intervals. So far, I am not on any medications. I hope this will be the case for many many years to come. Has anyone had that experience?

Anyway, much love to each of you. I am so appreciative of your support and encouragement.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just Found out I'm Positive Surgeon 03/23/13 10:54 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive riverprincessModerator   03/24/13 10:51 AM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive Surgeon   03/24/13 07:48 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive kicker   03/24/13 08:43 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive riverprincessModerator   03/25/13 07:31 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive Surgeon   05/31/13 08:21 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive kicker   05/31/13 08:40 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive jeannie10   03/28/13 02:18 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive kicker   03/24/13 01:57 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3935

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3