Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Disclosing to parents!
      05/22/13 08:39 PM

Ok so lets look at the 2 issues here . First you speak of not being able to get your numbers. The fact that you know your status is a good thing but there are many folks that choose not to go one meds yet or even want to know their numbers. I know that isn't exacctly the case for you but the result is the same. I remember you were planing to come to the states, well once you come here then you can find your numbers and go from there.
Secondly you were concerned about how your parents would react if they found out. Well the only way they can find out is if you tell them . So then you got to ask yourself, Do you want to tell them for your sake or for their sake. It may just be the need to tell because your their child , but if doesn't help them why tell them, then it must be for your benifit. But you say you will feel bad making them feel bad. So where does that put you? Just don't tell them and use this network to express and understand more about this so called illness. I say so called cause I just view it as one of lifes situations. Girl go for your life plans , the rest that you can't control , don't worry about . The time will come when you'll be able to do more. Take one step at a time . Which step do you want and are able to do with a good out come? I sure hope you understand where I am coming from . Follow your dreams. of life. It's still there for you. Leave the rest for when the time is right. You'll know when it is but it doesn't sound like now is the time for the rest.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Disclosing to parents! hivstudent 05/22/13 03:19 PM
. * Re: Disclosing to parents! bscottmatt   08/10/13 01:18 PM
. * Re: Disclosing to parents! jimwhoski   05/25/13 09:57 AM
. * Re: Disclosing to parents! riverprincessModerator   05/22/13 08:39 PM
. * Re: Disclosing to parents! iam1   05/22/13 03:55 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2988

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3