Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

SophiaRois

Reged: 04/11/13
HIV Support Ethnography - Talk with me about your experience seeking support!
      04/11/13 02:59 AM

My name is Sophia and I am a college student who is personally and academically interested in issues of HIV/AIDS and sexual health. I am currently in an Anthropological Research Methods course that asks us to conduct an ethnography, a project that urges us to engage with a topic or community of our choosing, getting to know the cultural context through interviews and observations. I have decided to examine the various modes of support that HIV positive individuals seek out (including secular support groups, faith-based support groups, and online communities). If you are interested in participating, please let me know! I would love to hear from anyone who feels like sharing. Everything you share will be kept entirely confidential and will not be published in any way. You can either respond through this thread or we can communicate via skype, telephone, or email - whatever works best for you. I look forward to hearing from you!

Some of the specific questions that I have include (but are definitely not limited to):

Tell me about yourself. What support groups do you participate in? How did you decide to join this online community? Do you participate in other support groups? Outside of this forum, who do you rely on for support? What do you like/dislike about the nature of this support network?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV Support Ethnography - Talk with me about your experience seeking support! SophiaRois 04/11/13 02:59 AM
. * Re: HIV Support Ethnography - Talk with me about your experience seeking support! JoJo1234   04/15/13 04:16 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1100

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3