Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Surgeon

Reged: 03/23/13
Just Found out I'm Positive
      03/23/13 10:54 PM

Hi,

I just received confirmation yesterday by western blot that I am in fact HIV positive. I wanted to share my situation to see if anyone else has been or experienced what I'm now facing. Just to give a little background.

I am a 43 year old professional guy. After 10 years of being in a very high level management position, I finally made the decision to leave my company. I had planned on taking some time off and exploring the possibility of moving to SW Florida where I have traveled frequently and have family living there. I have even gone as far as putting my house on the market. I typically make it a point to get tested each September, but this year let it slide as work pre-occupied most of my time. As I'm sitting on the sofa one night, I see a commercial for Oraquick, the HIV in home test. I run down to Wal- Mart the next day, buy the test, and after working up the courage I take the test. I was shocked to see a faint line where no line should have been. I couldn't believe it so I ditched the test, and go out to buy another. The next morning, I take the test and sure enough, once again, there is this faint line. I make an appointment to go to a clinic that afternoon where they performed a rapid test. I tested positive.

In this last week, I have come to terms with being positive, or accepted the fact that I am positive. (dealing with it is another issue) What I'm now having a problem with currently is how this will impact my decision in leaving my job, my insurance ( now waiting to get cobra going), and the possible move to Florida. Should I put my life on hold and try to figure all of this out? I have now been un- employed three weeks and was planning on leaving a week ago. Any thought would be greatly appreciated as I know this is a life changing experience. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just Found out I'm Positive Surgeon 03/23/13 10:54 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive riverprincessModerator   03/24/13 10:51 AM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive Surgeon   03/24/13 07:48 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive kicker   03/24/13 08:43 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive riverprincessModerator   03/25/13 07:31 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive Surgeon   05/31/13 08:21 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive kicker   05/31/13 08:40 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive jeannie10   03/28/13 02:18 PM
. * Re: Just Found out I'm Positive kicker   03/24/13 01:57 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3961

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3