Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Mark100

Reged: 02/23/13
Loc: Montreal, Canada
Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions?
      03/12/13 02:07 PM

Hey aim1,
thanks so much for the great response! Being new to this you end up having a lot of questions. It's great to have a response from someone like you who has some experience ;-)

I've ready a lot about starting medication if your CD4 count is less than 500, like you mentioned but I haven't read anything about if you CD4 count is above 500, what's a good viral level to have before you begin treatment. Would a CD4 of above 500 with a viral load of say 5000 be ok to not take medication. I'm just scared that the higher the viral load in the body, the more damage it might be doing to my body (I'm not sure if this is true or not).

I'm meeting with another doctor at my clinic tomorrow so I should know my cd4 count, and with this number I'll have a better idea of what to do. It'll be a different doctor this time so I'll get a second opinion which will help me in my decision as well.

Thanks again for your very helpful response.
Health and happiness to you ;-)
Mark

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? Mark100 02/28/13 12:10 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? iam1   03/11/13 03:08 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? Mark100   03/12/13 02:07 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? riverprincessModerator   03/01/13 04:37 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? Mark100   03/01/13 09:15 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? riverprincessModerator   03/07/13 04:49 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2033

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3