Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

lilfshrmn

Reged: 03/07/13
Loc: SE US
Newbie - Late stage diagnosis
      03/07/13 01:36 PM

Thank you all. There's a tremendous amount of information and support found here...

Diagnosed in November - 3 OIs, CD4 of 11, hospitalized w/AIDS. Status naive and in denial for years... Miraculous rebound with ARVs antibiotics, and anti-fungals. Released three days later with first line regimen.

Strain is not resistant and side effects are tolerable...so far. Still always feel kind of icky, tire easily and fatigue sets in without notice. I've had bloodshot eyes since November, tinnitus in both ears, and have a case of the hand shakes. But these side effects are better than the alternative. CD4 number is up to 81 and viral load decreasing. I'n eating well and gaining weight (of course in the abdomen) and with continued exercise I'll improve my leg and arm muscles which were lost to wasting.

A long road to hoe...

It's wonderful to have this resource for educating me about our disease. I have learned that I can die with this disease and not from this disease if I do certain things. So far, with God's grace, I am improving. It's heart-warming to know I am not alone and we can live life to the fullest even with our disease. There is hope.

Thanks
lilfshrmn

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Newbie - Late stage diagnosis lilfshrmn 03/07/13 01:36 PM
. * Re: Newbie - Late stage diagnosis riverprincessModerator   03/07/13 04:19 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1625

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3