Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Mark100

Reged: 02/23/13
Loc: Montreal, Canada
Re: How to stay upbeat?
      03/06/13 12:52 PM

Hey Buddy,
for me I find what has helped me the most was coming on here and educating myself. The day I was diagnosed I was like omg, I'm gonna die. But once you come on here and hear other peoples stories and realise that hiv today is more of a chronic illness like diabetes, and if managed properly by nutrition and following taking your medication, we're gonna be just fine.

I'm a very active person so I love doing all sorts of activities and I find that's really helped a lot. I've joined yoga with a friend who's been trying to get me to go with her forever and I love it. I think this is really going to help me a lot. Besides that I go to the gym and run, both activities make me feel great. This morning for instance I woke up and felt terrible, I had a really bad sleep, but I know going for a run always makes me feel better, so dragged my butt out of bed and went for a run and afterwards I felt great. I guess you have to find out what works for you. But I'd say find things that you enjoy doing and do them. Cooking, going to the movies with friends, go on a vacation.....whatever works for you.

For me I guess the most stressful part has been should I tell people or not. And you know what, at this point I've decided that I don't need to tell anyone. I have my partner who knows and a psychologist I see once a month, and you guys on here and that's all the support I need at the moment. Besides that, no one else really needs to know at the moment. I consider hiv the same thing as being diagnosed with diabetes, or high blood pressure or something, I wouldn't run out and tell everybody I had those conditions, so why would I feel the need to go tell people this. I feel, at this point, it's a private matter and I'll tell people when I'm ready. So that takes a great deal of stress off me.

So don't feel bad, don't worry, it doesn't help any. Just know that we're gonna be around for a long time to come yet. They just cured a little baby of the disease last week and things are only going to keep getting better from here.

I guess maybe what you should do is look at exactly why you're feeling down and try and address those issues. If you get some answers to them, I'm sure you're going to see that there really isn't anything to feel down or scared about. It really doesn't change that much.
Cheers!
Good luck! ;-)
Mark

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* How to stay upbeat? kclost 03/06/13 10:54 AM
. * Re: How to stay upbeat? johnson33   04/29/13 02:31 AM
. * Re: How to stay upbeat? riverprincessModerator   04/29/13 08:00 PM
. * Re: How to stay upbeat? lilfshrmn   03/07/13 01:48 PM
. * *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* nunyuh   04/21/13 09:06 AM
. * Re: How to stay upbeat? riverprincessModerator   04/23/13 09:09 AM
. * Re: How to stay upbeat? Mark100   03/06/13 12:52 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2105

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3