Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

iam1
Regular

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: just found out I am positive
      03/05/13 12:10 PM

Oh! Oh! Me! Pick me! (ala Horseshack (RIP) from Welcome Back Kotter) I want to be the first to tell you everything that isn't true.

First let me tell you what the "religious right" would have to say about you're testing HIV+ --- You did it to yourself. It's a result of your sinning ways. It's a judgement from God. You're going to hell for eternity.

Want the reality?

HIV is a virus. ANYBODY in the world is susceptible to catching a virus. Some people cross the road without looking both ways is one way to put the risks associated with preventing its spread.

Assume the Western Blot was wrong, and you are HIV+. That's what everyone should assume about everyone else. None of this "I tested negative this afternoon" crap.

Be sad. Be happy. Be delusional, but make sure you can run fatser then the men with the large butterfly nets. Be yourself.

Being HIV+ is NOT the end of the world. Don't run up your credit cards. Don't burn down your house. Don't quit your job. You've got a long life ahead of you unless those busses fall out of the sky and land on you. Always gotta watch out for falling busses....

I've been HIV+ for well over 20 years. Well over! I deal everyday with people who have just found out they're positive; with people who have known they're positive for a few years; and with people who have known they're positive for longer than squares have had 4 sides. All of them (and you, I assume) have the same question first - how much longer have I got to live? Simple and best answer - noone knows. It wasn't known before you tested positive (assuming that you are). It's not known after the positive result comes back. You have to live your life the best that you can everyday. This is the path I beleive we should all consider ourselves on.

You'll discover one day in the future (near or distant is up to you) that HIV is merely a blip on that path you call life. Thanks to all the wonderful people who toil for use with little pay and fewer benefits (This includes everyone from the people who protest to get funding to researchers who create new meds to the staffs of the clinics we go to for treatment and more!) to show we will continue to exist and hopefully grow. The best thing you can do is to contribute in a beneficial manner to the world in which you exist. If nothing else work to support yourself the best you can. Noone ever said you had to do everything on your own, but you should at least offer to carry some of the blocks holding up your home.

I had a little trouble finding out about the CMIA test. Then I looked in the one spot you should always consider your first option for information about HIV/AIDS - thebody.com. I cam across this article with explains it without calling it a CMIA test - http://www.thebody.com/content/art57124.html

Continue to use this website for information both coming and going. An occasional post just to let the world know that you're alright and having a bright outlook on the world wouldn't be a bad thing....

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* just found out I am positive wabash1307 03/02/13 01:48 PM
. * Your not poz *DELETED* livinghappy   03/07/13 11:44 AM
. * Re: Your not poz notinterested   03/07/13 08:45 PM
. * Re: Your not poz riverprincessModerator   03/07/13 04:14 PM
. * Re: Your not poz crabmanModerator   03/07/13 05:18 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive iam1   03/05/13 12:10 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive ashler1977   03/02/13 02:31 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive wabash1307   03/21/13 10:45 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive wabash1307   03/02/13 02:45 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive crabmanModerator   03/02/13 08:08 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive ashler1977   03/02/13 02:52 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive wabash1307   03/02/13 02:57 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive Furtail001   03/02/13 10:31 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive wabash1307   03/02/13 11:23 PM
. * Re: just found out I am positive Furtail001   03/03/13 09:53 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5898

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3