Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Mark100

Reged: 02/23/13
Loc: Montreal, Canada
Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions?
      02/28/13 12:10 PM

Hey Guys,
I just met with my doctor today for the blood test results. My CD4 count still wasn't in yet, but my viral load was and it was 150,000. The doctor was like wow, that's high. Then he said you were just recently infected so that's normal. I was infected Dec. 2, 2013.

During the end of the visit he asked me when I'd like to start treatment. And I was like well, I'm not exactly sure, I was relying on your expertise for that answer. He said well if you start now, that means you're going to have to take a pill everyday for the rest of your life. That doesn't really bother me at all. Or he said that we can wait and see how your body responds after the initial infection.

I'm feeling pretty good now. I guess once I get my CD4 count back it will be more clear, but it seemed to me that the doctor thought that I should wait to start treatment. My first instinct was that I want to attack this virus now before it has a chance to cause any more damage, but maybe that's not how it works.

I'm really not sure and would love to hear what any of the rest of you think from your own experiences.

Thanks guys,
Mark

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? Mark100 02/28/13 12:10 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? iam1   03/11/13 03:08 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? Mark100   03/12/13 02:07 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? riverprincessModerator   03/01/13 04:37 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? Mark100   03/01/13 09:15 PM
. * Re: Confused on when to start meds? Any suggestions? riverprincessModerator   03/07/13 04:49 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1911

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3