Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

notinterested
All Star

Reged: 09/07/11
Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me
      02/10/13 02:06 PM

First, relax and breathe and no everything will be fine. Don't try and feel like you have to find answers to everything at once. Take your time and think things true. I think you will find there are options to take care of your medication, so don't worry about that. As for school, I was in grad school when I found out. I immediately withdrew as I knew I wouldn't be able to focus and give my best. After being our of school for a month, I found myself to be constanlly depressed and dwellling on HIV and all negative stuff. It was horrible. I very much missed school and just living and my normal routine. I hated just moping around and crying and being sad so I ended my medical withdrawal from school and jumped right back in and it was the best thing I could have done. I was not thinking about it and was back interacting with people and getting my mind off of the negative stuff. I don't regret taking a month off though. I did need to reevaluate things and make some changes and set up dr appointments, get informed etc... but soo glad I got back to life after that month. As for telling your family, I would recommend thinking long and hard about that. I told a few family members at a time I was very vulnerable and I now completely regret it. It's something I could never take back and I know they will identify me with HIV the rest of my life versus all of the other wonderful things about me. HIV will be number 1 on thier minds and I wish I had figured that out before as I would have never told them. Telling family and friends is a very serious decision that should not be taken lightly in my opinion so be sure if you tell anyone that you understand the seriousness of it. Don't feel like they are the only ones who can give you support if you need it. Most communities have support groups you cab attend as well as the online support groups such as this one.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Old questions, but the answers are new to me GradStudent1 02/10/13 11:13 AM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me iam1   02/27/13 03:43 PM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me BrokenWingedBird   02/13/13 07:55 AM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me DJones   02/12/13 04:26 PM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me Malchiek   02/12/13 02:11 PM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me notinterested   02/10/13 02:06 PM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me GradStudent1   02/10/13 02:14 PM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me notinterested   02/10/13 03:10 PM
. * Re: Old questions, but the answers are new to me riverprincessModerator   02/10/13 01:32 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3218

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3