Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Jordan

Reged: 09/24/12
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
UPDATE -- Hi - Tested Positive 8/28 - Couples Weeks Ago
      10/30/12 06:35 PM

Hey -

I posted several weeks ago, I tested positive 8/28/2012.

I wanted to update ya'll...

First I want to thank everyone that reached out. It was a very difficult time for me, still is, but the folk that reached out and everyone in general posting on this forum really helped me out.

So back on 8/28 I tested positive. My viral load was 752 and my CD4 Cell Count was 814.

My doctor did not put me on medication right away. He actually said I was the first patient in a very long time he does not put on medication right away. He said my numbers were good and for me to stay positive, no pun intended.

I go back mid November for more blood work and my follow up is Dec 3rd.

I have a feeling he will put me on medication on that visit.

Crazy to think that I am more worried about the cost involved in medication and blood panels rather than anything else. My employer does not offer health insurance. I have insurance that I obtained myself in case of an emergency, like I broke my arm or something. My coverages aren't the best but they aren't the worst either. They don't cover brand medication only generic. I get 5 visits a year with a co-pay of $20. My deductible is 5k! I know, super high!

Originally I got this policy because I figured it would be good to have something in case I ever broke my arm or something along those lines. One night in the hospital would probably be more than $5k and at that point, I figured I'd work out a payment plan. I was 23 years old when I got the plan, I am 25 now. If I would've known better or been more educated on insurance and deductibles and etc I def would've gotten a better plan but it is what it is.

I've checked out different "assistant" programs but they have requirements that need to be met, couple of them also said I am not qualified due to my annual salary, etc. Road blocks like that.

I am staying positive and I know something will work out!!

Again, thanks to everyone on this forum who reached out. It helped and it is helping. People posting their stories on the forum helped as well.

<3

--------------------
www.I-Am-Jordan.Tumblr.com
@Jordan_Hopes

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* UPDATE -- Hi - Tested Positive 8/28 - Couples Weeks Ago Jordan 10/30/12 06:35 PM
. * Re: UPDATE -- Hi - Tested Positive 8/28 - Couples Weeks Ago MobileBayGay   11/01/12 02:53 PM
. * Re: UPDATE -- Hi - Tested Positive 8/28 - Couples Weeks Ago Jordan   11/01/12 11:19 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1913

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3