Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

StillSearching

Reged: 08/15/12
New to HIV. A Few (personal) Questions.
      08/15/12 03:54 AM

After getting incredibly sick and landing in the hospital I was diagnosed with HIV last month. I simply couldn't believe the doctors when they told me I could still live a normal life and that I didn't need to worry. But the more I researched, the more I realized how much has changed since the 80s/90s. It helped me a great deal to see how far treatments have come.

Okay, I'm still reeeally scared...how am I going to pay for meds when I return to the USA someday...? Stuff like that.

First, I am NOT on medications yet for treating HIV. I may be on meds after my next appointment, but I'm not yet. I have a few questions and would appreciate anyone who could help me...
1. The only symptom I have noticed is diarrhea. Not even diarrhea - just loose stool. But it comes often...especially in the morning. Does this ever stop??? It's been several weeks and its making me crazy.

2. Since I'm NOT on meds, how much alcohol is safe to drink?? Sorry, but is it okay to get drunk sometimes?? No, I don't drink that often, but obviously I want to know what the dangers could be.

3. I've been taking prescribed anti-anxiety meds (paxil daily and xanax as needed) since before my hiv diagnosis, but I guess I'm wondering if its okay to be on those since I'm HIV positive now..?

Anyway, if you read all this, then THANK YOU. I hope I don't seem too messed up or like I'm asking all the wrong questions. All I can do at this point is write what's on my mind and deal with it one day at a time. Thank you to everyone.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New to HIV. A Few (personal) Questions. StillSearching 08/15/12 03:54 AM
. * Re: New to HIV. A Few (personal) Questions. kicker   08/16/12 02:04 AM
. * Re: New to HIV. A Few (personal) Questions. flowers   08/15/12 06:23 AM
. * Re: New to HIV. A Few (personal) Questions. StillSearching   08/16/12 05:05 AM
. * Re: New to HIV. A Few (personal) Questions. YellowFever   10/17/12 07:45 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12855

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3