HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: PLEASE HELP
      06/17/12 01:09 AM

Hi Jasmine,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent infection. I do know how you feel, so I can tell you that soon the clouds will part and the sun will begin to shine again. You will see that your life still has all the possibilities that it always has had and that you can still do anything you want with it.

What's important now is that you focus on yourself and connect with your dreams and keep your eyes locked on them to get you through the shock period. Use them to be the wind that moves you over this rough patch of water. They are still there and still obtainable - use this to want them even more and deepen your determination to achieve them.

Work closely with your doctor(s), get your labs done, and see where you stand. That is important information that is needed for keeping you healthy and knowing when to start medication when you and your doc decide the time is right. Also, try to get your virus genotyped so that you have that information ready when you do decide to start medications. I know you feel really overwhelmed right now, but you will feel better and start seeing your way forward by taking these first few steps of action to get control over yourself and your future. It's really helpful, trust me - I've been there!

As for disclosure, take your time. This is a very personal matter, so tell or don't tell only as you feel comfortable. Try to look at what counseling resources you have available in your area and get yourself hooked up with a good counselor that can help you sort out your feelings.

It's great that you are in the medical field already - that will give you a big advantage over understanding what is going on and managing yourself well. You are very fortunate to have that. Keep your head up and stay in touch with everyone here. Work closely with your doctor and focus on you and your future for now. I know you feel shattered right now, but you are not. Soon you will see how strong you truly are and will be conquering those great dreams you have shining in your heart.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for your posts. Please keep in touch!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* PLEASE HELP jasmine20 05/18/12 06:41 PM
. * Re: PLEASE HELP Pos_in_Thailand   06/17/12 01:09 AM
. * Re: PLEASE HELP dakotalagrange   06/02/12 09:37 PM
. * Re: PLEASE HELP PinupBoy   06/01/12 05:19 AM
. * Re: PLEASE HELP fuckhiv   05/24/12 01:46 PM
. * Re: PLEASE HELP riverprincessModerator   05/20/12 05:00 PM
. * Re: PLEASE HELP denise03   05/19/12 02:28 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3898

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3