Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pos_in_Thailand
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/11
Loc: Thailand
Re: Just tested positive
      06/16/12 01:21 AM

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear of your recent infection, but do want to let you know that you will most likely be ok and do well. You have taken the first steps, getting tested, accepting the results, and now working with your doctor to manage your health and keep yourself strong and feeling well. This is a BIG step and you are doing well, so congratulations to you for that. Keep up the good work, and don't turn back!

I know you are probably in shock right now and feeling a lot of very powerful emotions. That is normal and part of the acceptance process. You will work through them and start feeling good about yourself again. One of the best ways of feeling well and secure again is staying involved in your health management, educating yourself about your new situation and being proactive in your treatment and care. You will then feel empowered and take control of your situation - that is how to beat this!

It is likely that your CD4 levels will jump back up and that your viral load will decrease considerably once you get through the seroconversion episode. You should monitor this over the next weeks and months with your doc so that you have good information to work from when you decide to begin HAART medications when you decide to. Also, I would strongly encourage you to get your virus genotyped and sensitivity tested so that you have that valuable information ready to go when it's time to choose your medications. This may also be a factor as to when you want to start taking meds. Information is power and peace of mind!

The important thing is that you put your health first and take very good care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, eat a healthy diet, exercise as you can, and find out what HIV resources you have in your area to help give you the support you need. All of this will help you feel better and get you on track to a long and healthy life ahead of you.

You've also done yourself another big favor by coming to this forum and website and connecting with others who are like you, who can help you through the bumps and help you know you are not alone. This forum is filled with great people and great information that helps us all feel good and live strong and healthy. Please come here to talk and tell us what is happening - chances are that someone else here has or is going through the same, and there is such strength in numbers.

Please contact me if you wish to talk. I try to check in regularly. Keep working with your doctor(s) closely and get all the labs done so that you know where you stand and how to best move forward with management. Chances are that you will do very well - this is not the end!

I hope to hear from you soon and send you my prayers.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just tested positive Richardph1234 06/15/12 09:53 PM
. * Re: Just tested positive aidslifequote   07/19/12 03:04 PM
. * Re: Just tested positive riverprincessModerator   06/16/12 07:57 AM
. * Re: Just tested positive Pos_in_Thailand   06/17/12 01:10 AM
. * Re: Just tested positive Richardph1234   06/16/12 09:23 AM
. * Re: Just tested positive Pos_in_Thailand   06/16/12 01:21 AM
. * Re: Just tested positive Richardph1234   06/16/12 09:26 AM
. * Re: Just tested positive Pos_in_Thailand   06/17/12 12:40 AM
. * Re: Just tested positive cm82391   07/20/12 08:22 PM
. * Re: Just tested positive Pos_in_Thailand   08/06/12 09:59 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7349

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3