The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

RobertB20

Reged: 09/13/11
It's Only The Beginning:)
      04/13/12 11:22 AM

When i was Diagnosed i thought my world had ended, my viral load was at 9 million! and my CD4 was at 230 so you can only imagine how i felt. i was already thinking of what song i wanted to have played at my funeral. i was always sad always crying always confused, scared, paranoid and i felt like i was just falling through a downward spiral.

Only 7 months later. And i can honestly say that HIV has been a Blessing! Yea i have to take my meds, and yea i have new Medical bills, and sometimes it can affect my love life. but honestly thats it!

I love my life! since i got diagnosed i realized that life is short and i didnt want to live for nothing and wait til i died. Having HIV gave me the push i needed to get on track. i started eating better and started exercising, i went back to school and worked hard at work. i got counseling and got involved with organizations dealing with HIV. ive made great new friends and realized who my real friends are. i realized how much my family cares about me and how much i care about them. im finally doing things ive always wanted to do like play instruments, learn new languages, and fun projects, and travel and thats only the beginning im doing alot better too 475 CD4 and 1000 viral.

if you got diagnosed recently, understand that your world is not over. life is what you make it. now that your positive have a positive attitude! keep living and if anything do more with your time. when i went to the clinic an older man who had been living with AIDS for 20 years told me that i should stay busy, it keeps you from being depressed about the situation. please have hope and believe you are not in anyway handicap or disabled, YOU ARE NOT DYING FROM HIV, YOU ARE LIVING WITH HIV. you can accomplish anything you want and doing it with HIV should say something about you.

Your Fellow HIV Brother.
Robert.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* It's Only The Beginning:) RobertB20 04/13/12 11:22 AM
. * Re: It's Only The Beginning:) pari   08/09/12 01:35 PM
. * Re: It's Only The Beginning:) riverprincessModerator   08/10/12 12:43 PM
. * Re: It's Only The Beginning:) Angelito   05/22/12 11:35 PM
. * Re: It's Only The Beginning:) Stillnumb   04/29/12 02:01 AM
. * Re: It's Only The Beginning:) Patrick_Ingram   04/13/12 04:49 PM
. * Re: It's Only The Beginning:) riverprincessModerator   04/13/12 09:16 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2635

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3