Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

itselectric

Reged: 03/28/12
Telling Someone...I really need help and opinions!
      03/28/12 03:19 PM

Hi everybody, so I am recently diagnosed as being HIV+ and I am slowly trying to digest all the information I can get. It was an overwhelming and scary experience hearing it for the first time. I am still having this negative feeling in my stomach, and I know that this is normal, but I think it's because I am having a hard time trying to disclose to someone about it. He is a casual partner. I feel deathly afraid of telling him.

The last I was tested was last year, and was pretty good at being safe. I had a partner last year that I trusted and saw on a regular basis. Then I met this other guy and we started having sexual relations, and we both knew our status as being negative.

So I haven't been with my first regular partner for a while and we hooked up beginning of Feb of this year, having trusting him, we did have uprotected sex. Then end of Feb, I hooked up with my second casual partner. So I got a call from the public health nurse that I should get tested for HIV. So as of March 2012, definitely diagnosed with having an Acute HIV infection.

Now I know I have to tell my second partner, because I think my first partner gave it to me. He has suddenly removed his profile on manhunt and I just have a hunch. Anyway that is besides the point. I am deathly afraid of telling him, because if I have the nurse call him he's going to know that I might have it or that I gave it to him he he gets tested positive.

I feel at fault here and at this moment I am really hating myself. It was not my intention to him on this situation. I am really not a very confrontational person. When, where is the best time to do this? What do I say, all I know is I have to be truthful. I am just DEATHLY afraid, if it will go down to legal issues.

I have accepted the fact that I have the virus, its just telling him. Please help me! I live in Canada, BC

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Telling Someone...I really need help and opinions! itselectric 03/28/12 03:19 PM
. * Re: Telling Someone...I really need help and opinions! cm82391   04/05/12 02:12 PM
. * Re: Telling Someone...I really need help and opinions! riverprincessModerator   03/28/12 03:55 PM
. * Re: Telling Someone...I really need help and opinions! Pos_in_Thailand   05/24/12 04:14 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1794

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3