Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

GirBot

Reged: 11/23/09
Loc: Western United States
Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive
      01/20/10 04:57 PM

Oh Frank.... *BIG HUG*

We can't go back and undo the mistakes we make. That's all part of the human experience. What we can do is learn from them and move forward. Have you talked to your doctor about your feelings? There is an enormous support network out there for you... and your doctor can help get you plugged in. Counseling is an awesome place to start.

OK, being HIV+ is challenging but it's not the end of the world. No, really. From your other post, sounds to me like you've been through worse. Think about it.

Like it or not, we're here. Happy and contented living requires we focus on what we have and take full advantage of our assets. Lamenting the past and wishing for things that aren't are momentary. Soon we quit morning our loss, stand up, dust ourselves off, and take our first steps in a long journey to something better. Without realizing it, you've come so far already. Don't let fear get the better of you.

Do I miss my carefree existence before HIV? Hmmm, yeah. Some days. But this sort of thing has a way of focusing our attentions on the things that really truly matter in life. It has the power to change our lives if we let it. Sure, if I could keep all the knowledge I've gained through this experience, I'd go back and change the whole HIV part in a heart beat. Unfortunately that knowledge is the consequence of facing our challenges. As odd as it might sound, I don't think I am willing to do that. I'd rather be here... HIV and all.

So, if you need a leg up and help dusting yourself off, talk to your doctor or see an HIV counselor. Life can be good again. Promise!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Feel like I'm getting eaten alive frank74 01/18/10 01:43 PM
. * Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive heal   05/07/10 09:48 AM
. * Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive bnagayguy   02/09/10 01:11 AM
. * Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive worried09   02/03/10 01:19 PM
. * Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive GirBot   02/03/10 03:39 PM
. * Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive GirBot   01/20/10 04:57 PM
. * Re: Feel like I'm getting eaten alive Angel_Ronnie   01/19/10 12:40 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5618

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3