The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

TDE1966

Reged: 11/18/09
Now that I am positive
      11/18/09 11:09 PM

I discovered I was HIV + for definite on Mon 9th November, 2009, just a couple of weeks before my 43rd birthday.

I had been avoiding this thing for 27 years; not only frightened of it but terrified of it. In my naivety I believed that I may be immune to it, because I had been tested so many times and was always negative. The last test was in August 2009.

Now that I am HIV + I am no longer frightened of this thing. In fact, I welcome it into my life. Sounds bizarre, doesn't it? Why would anyone welcome this into their life? But I no longer have the fear of it, the anxiety. I have a reason, another reason to get the very most out of my life: physically, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually. I have another reason, as if I needed one, NOT to take drugs, I have a reason to organize my life and to fight for it.

I don't really know what the future has in store; I only know that I will be part of it, convinced, at last, that it holds a place for me. I know that I will fight for every day, every hour, every minute and that I will be ever grateful for the self-knowledge and understanding that being an addict in recovery and an HIV + man brings.

I am looking forward to the future, I am grateful for the blessings of the past but more than all of this I am finally happy in the now. I am going to fight this thing and I am going to beat it, I am going to use its energy for my own strength and I am going to learn from this and go forward; progress.

This is not the future, this is not the past; this is now and I am in it. It is a wonderful thing.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Now that I am positive TDE1966 11/18/09 11:09 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive lostmysak   07/21/10 08:39 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive ladyj1892   06/17/10 04:19 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive Daddy_Bearby   03/08/10 07:29 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive bnagayguy   02/09/10 12:18 AM
. * Re: hi me to andyj   12/31/09 11:21 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive braveheart101   11/25/09 01:42 AM
. * Re: Now that I am positive Choosing2Liv   11/24/09 12:47 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive worried09   02/09/10 01:16 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive Superhero   11/23/09 08:16 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive GirBot   11/23/09 08:13 PM
. * Re: Now that I am positive rm8471   11/23/09 06:49 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10428

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3