The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

bobsstar1979

Reged: 10/20/08
Bitter and sweet
      10/20/08 02:14 PM

In april i met the most beautiful man that after about 4 weeks I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with him. I asked him to marry me and although he didn't say yes, it didn't stop him from dating me. Then in june I was diagnosed being HIV positive. Then two weeks later, the worst day of life happened when he tested positive as well. It's a 99.9% chance that I was + first and gave it to him. He is the most amazing person. While its hard to him to understand that I am always going to feel guilty, he takes responsibility for the situation as well. So we have decided to move on with life together as planned. Just now we have this extra burden to carry with us. He's a foreigner so being HIV+ is creating difficulties is staying together (If he files for citizenship its unsure if or when he could go home again, if i go to his country, we can get married but he may not be able to come back the he U.S. permanently) His viral load is high and our PCP wants to start meds and he's not ready. We've only told a handful of people so our support system is limited, but overall im thankful because i realize we have more than some people. A partner that supports and understands, access to healthcare, and hope being that with meds and treatment, we can expect to live a long, healthy life. obviously with many bumps in the road. But isn't that any life? It sucks and its scary to think about this disease living on my body, even harder to think about giving it life on another person's body that i care so deeply about. However, there's so much life for me, him, and us and i want to be a part of it all for as long as possible. Maybe im fooling myself into some deluded thinking or in denial a little bit, but is there anything wrong with thinking positive? (Funny how that word has taking on a whole new meaning) to any who read this thanks and good luck

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Bitter and sweet bobsstar1979 10/20/08 02:14 PM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet mixed_emotions   11/28/08 03:13 PM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet Robert1   11/10/08 09:49 AM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet Barbdoll   10/23/08 02:53 PM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet Jackie__Blue   10/23/08 03:42 PM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet August69   10/20/08 11:32 PM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet Tori   11/25/08 01:55 PM
. * Re: Bitter and sweet August69   11/29/08 02:51 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5819

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3