Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

MIADA

Reged: 02/28/08
Loc: M I A
Brutal Reality
      02/29/08 08:15 AM

I've been an active advocate and community involved young man since high school. Volunteering and altruistically giving back to the community on saturdays would get me in bed by a decent hour on Friday nights, thereby keeping me out of trouble at the bars and clubs all my friends frequent. Aids Walks, Rides, & Counseling centers all throughout south florida were among my beneficiares. Saturday nights I'd cut it short too for sunday morning service. Pretty much a wholesome lifestyle.

Then late last year, after checking off all the Life Is Amazing Boxes in all areas of my lifie, I decided to take on a new motto for 2008- "Living on the Edge. Being 26 I thought to myself, Life is short, and I've got it as good as it'll be. A Great Job, Car, Apartment, Body, Training to qualify for an Ironman Triathelon, Diving on weekends, Traveling like a content migratory bird, the new life of every party, & Taking on challenges and conquering them left and right.

Well, that didn't last too long, cause being the wholesome household nester that I am, over the holidays I reconnected with my recent 1 year parter whom I missed incredibly during those 2 months of me living on the edge.

He's been positive for over 2 years. But I never thought anything of it. My world view regarding poz people is that they need all the more love.

We had an amazing New Year's Day! Really connecting and bonding again, as only two lovers can do after a hiatus.
A week later I got the flu. He loving nursed me while crying. The next day he light all these latin american saint candles around the house.

A week after that I got a strange ear ache. Funny I thought, I hadn't been diving since December, better check it out. "Get some blood work while at the doctors" he said.

The test results took an enternity to come back. Then it took eons for the medical staff to see me.

Sitting in a cold exam room, all alone, I tried to remind myself that God is good all the time! And all the Time God is Good.

Door opens, doctor talks........ REason blah blah you're here blah blah blah POSITIVE!!
Door Closes.

Brutal

I've been sobbing since.

--------------------
Namaste
~D

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Brutal Reality MIADA 02/29/08 08:15 AM
. * Re: Brutal Reality HELPME69   03/04/08 10:03 AM
. * Re: Brutal Reality Leonardo   02/29/08 10:35 PM
. * Re: Brutal Reality Survivor   03/04/08 12:58 AM
. * Re: Brutal Reality oldwoman   02/29/08 09:39 AM
. * Re: Brutal Reality Florida69   02/29/08 11:58 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5592

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3