Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

pozargie
Regular

Reged: 09/20/07
Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice
      09/20/07 10:45 PM

Hi everyone....
It is difficult to type for the first time but I want to let you know about me. I am a young and healthy man 28 YO never been sick before I live in the South of Argentina here in South America. I work as a teacher and I LOVE life. I am dating a wonderful guy, he is being very supportive but he is also scared. On August the 30th I received terrible news I was HIV POSITIVE... I probably get infected less than a year ago, couse I have a negative ELISA from December 2006.
Today I received the confirmation test WB positive.
Now my whole world seemed to colapse. I cried my eyes out thinking about death and suffering.... However I try to keep a possitive attitude but anxiety is killing me.. I waited 3 weeks for the Western Blot result.
Reading the site here I starting taking a few steps... although IT IS REALLY HARD dealing with all this HIV issue.
I found an HIV doctor... and looked for an HIV organization but there isn't any in my area anyway I haven't given up... I found a therapist although I have to pay high prices for medical medical support I dont care. I want to live!!!
Things work very slow in this part of the world... to ge to my CD4 and virus load count I have to wait 2 weeks more!!! This waiting thing is killing me!!!
Should I ask my doctor for other tests also?? I have already done Hepattitis B / C , toxoplasmossis anti HBs Hbs arg all negative
Latetly I started to notice a rash itching my whole body, I blamed my cat for that but reading some of the symthonps I also have a long time sore through, now I know that it is a cause of the virus. I don't know... so many things are new to me now. I feel lost! There are so many things I have to deal with. My patner don't want to get tested. He has a NEGATIVE elisa from Deember 2006 too but he needs to get a new one. How can I convince him to get tested???
I also want to know what CD' 8 are? Shall I ask my doctor for any vaccines?? Your advice will be appreciated.

PS
Survivor, Florida69, Oldwoman, Vokz reading your answers and posts 've given me hope. Thanks a lot guys!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice pozargie 09/20/07 10:45 PM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice Florida69   09/21/07 10:11 AM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice pozargie   09/21/07 07:37 PM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice oldwoman   09/21/07 09:39 AM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice pozargie   09/21/07 07:34 PM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice vokz   09/21/07 10:02 AM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice vokz   09/21/07 07:44 AM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice pozargie   09/21/07 07:52 PM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice vokz   09/22/07 01:35 AM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice Nathan   09/21/07 01:09 AM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice pozargie   09/21/07 08:00 PM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice Survivor   09/20/07 11:27 PM
. * Re: Recently Diagnosed needs help and advice pozargie   09/21/07 08:33 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9033

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3