HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

sumbody
New User

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: California
Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg
      08/08/07 02:26 PM

Leonardo,

I don't think he has to fear you. He has to fear that you will, in this very difficult time, make some bad decisions that affect him. That is why he gets upset when you talk about leaving him.

You need to take some time. Try to remember that the way you are feeling right now is not the way you are going to feel forever. The hopelessness that you feel now fades after a while. The fear and guilt fade too. I know it because it happened to me too remember?

You are not going to hurt your lover. I can tell because you obviously care so much about him. So, please, do yourself a little favor, and don't make any big decisions while you are in this state of mind. It is really very devastating to learn you are HIV positive.

This helped me A LOT. I would get overwhelmed and cry for the whole day on and off. I learned that I could get through the day if I just took some deep breaths and did the simple things. If the dishes were dirty...I did the dishes. If the dog needed to be walked...I walked the dog, etc. Put your mind on the small things that you know you can do for now and that do not require you to make a change to your life as a whole. Do not try to solve all of your new challenges in one day and right now. It can wait until you are feeling more secure, and that day is coming. I think deciding that your lover can't be with you qualifies as a BIG decision. If you love him, and I know you do, then give yourself the time you need to make the right decision.

--------------------
We are more than the sum of our cd4 totals and viral load counts.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo 08/07/07 05:46 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Survivor   08/07/07 08:47 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg still_here   08/07/07 07:51 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/08/07 07:23 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Survivor   08/08/07 09:13 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg sumbody   08/07/07 07:14 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/08/07 01:02 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg sumbody   08/08/07 02:26 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/09/07 08:30 AM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg sumbody   08/09/07 11:10 AM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Survivor   08/09/07 08:38 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/12/07 10:00 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11185

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3