Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

sumbody

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: California
Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg
      08/07/07 07:14 PM

Leonardo,

I recently tested positive on 6/30/2007. I was dating a guy that is negative. I told him what had happened. His response was, "I don't care, I love you and I want to be with you." I didn't know how I felt about it. I felt scared and also like I didn't want to jeopardize him in any way. I have a therapist and spoke with my therapist about it. His advice was this...Allow the man to love you.

I think, if you are like me, you need support right now. You need to allow your man to love you. Yeah, it sucks for him, but I bet if you asked him he would tell you that losing you would suck way more. So, do the math here...you need support, and frankly so does he right now. If you allow him to be there for you now, it is possible that you will grow closer to each other. Do not be afraid. You will be okay. You didn't do this to him or to yourself on purpose, so work through the feelings of guilt and shame. If he has loved you for 11 years, you must be a good person that deserves love and support. I suggest you accept it. Maybe he can be your knight in shining armor now? Maybe you can be strong for both of you right now too? I am allowing my man to love me, and it is working out. I wish you the best, and there are a lot of people here on this site for you...including me.

--------------------
We are more than the sum of our cd4 totals and viral load counts.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo 08/07/07 05:46 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Survivor   08/07/07 08:47 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg still_here   08/07/07 07:51 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/08/07 07:23 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Survivor   08/08/07 09:13 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg sumbody   08/07/07 07:14 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/08/07 01:02 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg sumbody   08/08/07 02:26 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/09/07 08:30 AM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg sumbody   08/09/07 11:10 AM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Survivor   08/09/07 08:38 PM
. * Re: I just tested positive and My partner tested neg Leonardo   08/12/07 10:00 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10777

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3