The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

ForeverEternity

Reged: 06/30/07
A little bit of hope perhaps?
      07/01/07 12:23 AM

Hi. Im a female who has been HIV pos for the past 22 years. I was infected back in the mid 1980's. I am on meds and have no problems at all taking them, for me I believe it is a small price to pay to watch my two HIVneg. children grow up. I have been positive for longer than I have been negative.I was 12 when I received a tainted blood transfusion. I have to say, its taken me most of those 22 years to see my "predicament" as a blessing in disguise. I have hated and been angry, Ive been completely beaten by sadness over it, but in the past 7 or 8 years I have really gotten to be ok about it all. I view myself as one of the lucky ones. Im here to help, Ive sat on the sidelines and observed some posts and now I am putting my hand up to say Hi, and if anyone wants to say hey back then cool. Not a preacher or a lecturer, but Ive been along for the ride for a good part of the "public life" of HIV/AIDS and I guess if youre reading it and wondering if you will get 10 years, 12 or 15 years I am here to say well I got 22 so far and no sign of slowing down yet. Hope is a precious thing to have, and I wasnt given any when I was first diagnosed so if I can offer a glimmer of it, then beautiful.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* A little bit of hope perhaps? ForeverEternity 07/01/07 12:23 AM
. * Re: A little bit of hope perhaps? PreciousBiscuit   08/21/09 09:36 PM
. * Re: A little bit of hope perhaps? SAlady   07/12/07 01:56 AM
. * Re: A little bit of hope perhaps? movingon   09/03/07 03:41 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40137

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3