Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: HIV and Herpes
      03/13/06 02:48 PM

Tom, Welcome to thebody and I am sorry to here about your diagnosis. But as your doctor told you (if you were listening) lol. your going to live a long long time. I cant speak for herpes but the drug regimin they are recomending Sustiva and the PI Truvada are widely px'd in the United States. Probably one of the highest and well tollerated combo's. There are many more to choose from in the event you have any reaction whatsoever. The Susteva is known for its vivid dreams but these mellow after a couple weeks if you have them at all. Don't read to much into other peoples reactions to these. Your body will tell you whats up, everyone is different. I am on a blind study between Truvada / Epzicom and these are also very popular and potent drug combo's. My ID doctor says hes had patients on your combo for over 10 years in many cases. Being adherant is such a major key. I have a four hour window +/- when I can take my dose, just dont miss them. As well, on your regimin, you may need to take the Sustiva at night and Truvada in the AM just incase you have trouble sleeping. But this is something you will discuss with your ID doctor. You may also ask about clinical studies that involve these two drugs. There are many studies in the USA which provide full labs and drugs for 2 or 3 years with really close supervision. I happen to be on one of those and am very happy about all the handholding I get. Hope this helps. I am sure the herpes will be managed quite well by your ID doctor along the way.

Love

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV and Herpes Tom - London 03/13/06 02:29 PM
. * Re: HIV and Herpes midwest4u   03/13/06 02:53 PM
. * Re: HIV and Herpes Survivor   03/13/06 02:48 PM
. * Re: HIV and Herpes bobo   03/14/06 05:23 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4271

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3