The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Anonymous
Unregistered

Shortness of Breath
      01/11/03 06:16 PM

I've somtimes been getting what I like to think are "panic attacks." I am 17 years old. I can't seem to breathe normal, and I just feel like I am short of breath. It happened to me once right before my drivers license test, but usually I'll get them in the movie theater, at the beginning of the movie, then I will feel completely normal before the movie is over. This time I did something different. I left the theater and went home.(This is around 10p.m.).I did not sleep at all that night, at today(the next day), I am still feeling at a loss of breath. I went to my doctor, and he said it's probably nerves. He said maybe I should see a pyschologist. I am scared to fall asleep, because when I do it feels like I am not getting any air in(sort of), and I get a weird feeling, like I need more oxygen. Do medications really help to treat this? I have heard that Xantax(i think is what it's called) is a medication for this. Does it(the medication) really help me to breath normal? Oh... and recently, just with the last one i've had a little fever. It may be all in my mind, but I do feel a little hot, and I get tingly feelings around my face.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Shortness of Breath Anonymous 01/11/03 06:16 PM
. * Re: Shortness of Breath gregg629   01/13/03 09:50 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7654

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement