Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Milla
Unregistered

I'm a female teen whos HIV positive
      03/17/02 04:56 AM

Hello,
I'm new here. I'm 13years old and I'm HIV positive. I don't know alot of teens who have AIDS/HIV and I'm starting to want to have more contact with teens like me. It gets boring talking to my dad about all my teenage issues that always end up having me ask, "Is it going to be different because I have AIDS/HIV?" And to tell you the truth, he doesn't know what to say anymore. I live in Hawaii. Both my birth parents died and as you may have guessed, I'm adopted. My dad died when I was little from AIDS and cancer. I ended up living w/ my Aunt (my mom now) and her ex-boyfriend (my dad now). When I was 9 we had gotten word that my birthmom was hit by a car and was dying. She did after a few weeks or so. I never knew my birth parents. I had a half brother who died before I was born. My whole birth family is dead. I have a little sister. But once again, I'm adopted. I wish I had had a brother who I could talk to about my teenage problems. I'm not open about having HIV here because people aren't as well informed as they are in other places. I'm sure their better informed then before but we (I) still think I'd rather not say anything. And that another thing. I have no teenage companions to talk to about sex and stuff mixed with living with HIV. I don't think they would get me as well as I'd like them to. I understand that, but does anyone understand me? I have to ask my self that at least 100 times a day now. I have dreams or becoming a actress or singer or writer. Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I was born with HIV. And yeah, I have dreams too, just like any teenage girl would. I know you understand but it's just that I've never had anyone to say back, "I understand you completely!" And so all I really want is to be able to ask and talk about life but with someone who knows how it is.
I'm going on and on... But if you want to e-mail me, please do so at: Dreamer6000@juno.com
Thanks for your time, Milla

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Milla 03/17/02 04:56 AM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Jenni   08/16/06 07:50 PM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Royal648   01/31/06 03:08 PM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Anonymous   12/19/04 11:04 AM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Anonymous   08/06/04 04:17 AM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive PAOLI\'I   03/31/04 05:03 AM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Anonymous   03/22/02 03:14 PM
. * Re: I'm a female teen whos HIV positive Milla   03/23/02 05:15 AM
. * Hi Milla , please read ..: ) Anonymous   02/15/03 09:24 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14447

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement