Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Teens

Anonymous
Unregistered

hiv risk
      01/20/02 10:38 AM

I have question that I need help on. Someone I know has aids. At our wedding, my teenage daughter said, "look, something is on my glass for the toast." I noticed it was red and assumed one of the strawberries had been dropped against it. I told her to just go wash it off. Moments later, I saw a friend applying a band-aid to the hand of the guy pouring the champagne. He must have cut himself on the wire that you have to undo on the bottle, and held my daughter's glass in his hand to fill it without realizing it had been cut.

I have been prone to anxiety attacks and in the past have sought counseling for dealing with over reacting and believing in gloom and doom for those I love. At one time, if I was driving and I hit a bump, I would turn around and go back several times to be sure it was a bump and not a person I hit. The counselor told me not to give in to these thoughts.

I have tried to tell myself not to go overboard with this thing and my daughter. I was hoping that once the blood was exposed to air the virus would die. She wouldn't have had any bleeding cuts, but she does bite her nails and fidget with the skin along her nails.

One part of me is telling me to get her tested. The other is telling me I am freaking out again. How would I explain it to her if it WERE true? Please tell me how much of a risk she is at.

Thanks,
mom

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* hiv risk Anonymous 01/20/02 10:38 AM
. * Re: hiv risk gregg629   01/21/02 09:41 AM
. * Re: hiv risk Anonymous   01/21/02 10:05 AM
. * Re: hiv risk PozCountryBoy   01/20/02 05:42 PM
. * Re: hiv risk Anonymous   01/21/02 09:11 AM
. * Re: hiv risk PozCountryBoy   01/21/02 11:02 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8594

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement