HIV Life >> Teens

Kriss
Regular

Reged: 11/12/09
Loc: seattle, WA
Re: find the positive side
      01/19/11 03:00 AM

Hey

Thank you for posting and sharing your story. I was born with HIV too. I found out when I was seven years old... And when I found out, I didn't really thing much of it.. but when I went to HS I noticed the reality and struggle of a person who is living with HIV. One example, for when my shchool had the blood drive, I had to lie.. It was a challenge. I remember in middle school how when we leaanred about HIV/AIDS in school, it really made me sad to watch those lectures about HIV+ people not living a good quality life like they died very quickly.. (lets say the education wasn't very good about stuff like that) anyways, sometimes the hardest part of my day when I am remenided about the stigma about HIV+ people in society but often I have a bright and happy take on life. I write poetry, rap, to cope with alot of my emotions. I relaly appreciate the fact how look toward the positive. I recenlty began to accept to love the fact yes, I have hiv and I deserve to be in a normal loving relationsip with another preson. Anyways, I was once your age feeling like I had no one to talk too or feeling like not normal like the other kids. Well, I was lucky in a since at that age because I had social support network of other kids, young people, and youth who also exprienced HIV/AIDS within their famlies. Maybee you should checkout a non profit that works with youth and kids living with HIV. I've did alot of my healing and support through a group like that. Also, it is very possible to achive your dreams as being a young person living with HIV. I known I was HIV+ when I was seven and now I attend college at a University working on my undergraduate in sociology and then my masters in social work. Even though, I had a dramatic childhood coupled with my living with HIV I am still here a college student... so you have the ability to overcome many adversities and achive your goals and dreams

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* find the positive side lilmisskathy 10/09/10 04:27 PM
. * Re: find the positive side lilmisskathy   05/14/12 07:13 PM
. * Re: find the positive side nails_po   05/10/12 08:15 AM
. * Re: find the positive side Kriss   01/19/11 03:00 AM
. * Re: find the positive side klclt   10/25/10 06:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5133

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement