Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

klclt

Reged: 03/03/10
Re: find the positive side
      10/25/10 06:31 PM

Hi Kathy,

I was once a middle school teacher, and now Iím back in school. Iím poz, too. You seem like you have a great head on your shoulders, and I am glad you are so accepting of your HIV status. Youíre ahead of me already, though. Iíve had this virus for 12 months, and youíve already had it for 12 years. Iím more than twice your age, and youíve already had more experience with this than I have.

I hope you donít really think that youíre not meant for love. It sounds like youíve got a mom who loves you, and through all of your experience, youíve figured out that life isnít always fair. I know people 20 years older than me who havenít figured that out yet. You know what youíre good at, and you love yourself for it. Donít ever stop doing that. I wish you knew how much reading your post tonight meant to me.

I donít want to sound like one of those adults that you donít want to listen to, but middle school ends. The middle school years were the worst of my life. My ďfriendsĒ would stab me in the back, and my enemies would laugh in my face every day. And I didnít even have the HIV to deal with when I was your age. For me, it was much easier. I have so much respect for you for holding your head high every day. Keep doing that.

Any of those assholes that tell you HIV is about skin color are ignorant. You already know that. Let them talk, and do your own thing. The best response is no response. Keep running track and playing basketball and studying and bettering your life, and let them talk their trash. You will find friends who will stick beside you, and you will find someone who loves you. It might not come as easy for you as it does with your HIV- friends, but I can tell you this: when someone sticks by you when you do have HIV, theyíre probably worth the trouble. Donít ever feel like youíre worth less than you are because you are diagnosed with a disease. You didnít ask for this, and a blood test that comes back HIV+ doesnít make you less of a person. Anyone who tells you otherwise is dumber than a box of bricks.

You may not find love right now, and you may find out that some of your friends arenít who they said they were. But, if you watch the people around you who are reliable and still back you up, youíll find some amazing people. The ones that do stick around are the ones you want.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* find the positive side lilmisskathy 10/09/10 04:27 PM
. * Re: find the positive side lilmisskathy   05/14/12 07:13 PM
. * Re: find the positive side nails_po   05/10/12 08:15 AM
. * Re: find the positive side Kriss   01/19/11 03:00 AM
. * Re: find the positive side klclt   10/25/10 06:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5293

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3

Advertisement