Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Teens

Anonymous
Unregistered

probably just me worrying needlessly but
      09/26/06 07:36 PM

i had unprotected sex a few times about a year ago with a few boys from my small suburban neighborhood. i didn't give it much thought until my mom started to read me an article about hiv/aids the other day. i suddenly freaked out intensely. i went online and did research and found articles about pneumonia and hiv being related, and then i freaked out even more cause i had pnuemonia winter 2005. but then, i called my doctor and he said my pneumonia had been ordinary run-of-the-mill strep pneumonia, not the variety caused by fungus that many hiv+ people get. he then told me to calm down; he has never seen a case of hiv in his entire practice in this area. other than the pneumonia (which apparently doesn't count) i've had no symptoms other than the ones i've imagined in the past few days from reading so much about it and being so worried (i should mention i have an extreme anxiety disorder, ever since i was very small). i'm getting tested tomorrow to ease my mind, but i would like to know, am i being silly?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* probably just me worrying needlessly but Anonymous 09/26/06 07:36 PM
. * Re: probably just me worrying needlessly but scaredy_cat   10/25/06 04:43 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4871

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement