The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Teens

Anonymous
Unregistered

I;m an RN trying to help
      02/02/06 12:58 AM

hello there. i am a 24 year old nurse who is writing a graduate paper on teens with HIV and their mental health. I stumbled upon your question and would liket ohelp you if i can.... I have extensive knowledge in HIV and what i can tell you is that HIV tests are accurate but the virus itself can take awhile to show in some people. I am not saying you may have it or not, i am just saying that it is great tha you tested negative at 3months but it is best to check again at the 6month mark and then at a year. the 6 month mark is a great and perfectly good guide to go by... meaning if you are negative at that time you are almost definetly negative completely. I hope that you retest at 6months just to make sure and until then, if you do have it now is the time it is most active in your body and you should prtect yourself and others during sexual activities.

hope i was able to help

RN from NYC

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I really need advice, I am having a breakdown Anonymous 12/02/05 12:15 PM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown Bear60   03/04/06 11:00 AM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown AIDS2HIV   03/04/06 02:15 PM
. * I;m an RN trying to help Anonymous   02/02/06 12:58 AM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown Anonymous   01/19/06 10:41 PM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown ravi   12/07/05 12:41 PM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown Anonymous   12/03/05 08:23 PM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown Anonymous   12/07/05 11:55 AM
. * Re: I really need advice, I am having a breakdown Anonymous   06/11/06 09:56 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8525

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement